Family finding: information for our LGBT+ members
Family finding: information for staff in our adoption/fostering member agencies
Information for our LGBT+ members
If you’re one of our LGBT+ adopter members – and you’ve reached the family-finding stage – then this service may be the one that helps you find your forever family. The service lists children’s profiles submitted to New Family Social by our member agencies that are keen to reach as many potential parents for a possible match for each child. These profiles are accompanied with contact details for the child’s social worker so our members can approach them directly for consideration.
How do I access the service?
To be eligible to access the service you need to
- Be a New Family Social LGBT+ adopter member
- Be at the family-finding stage of your adoption journey
If you meet both of these criteria then please contact us using this form.
What will New Family Social do?
For child protection reasons we will contact your social worker to verify that you are currently family-finding. Once confirmed we will give you access to the family-finding service, with children’s profiles appearing among the most recent postings in your forum list. You can refine the list by selecting the ‘Family Finding’ thread.
Information for staff in our adoption/fostering member agencies
Our agency members can directly promote the profiles of children they’re family-finding for to LGBT+ approved adopters. Only our LGBT+ members who’ve been confirmed as family-finding have access to submitted profiles.
To submit profiles to the service:
Please email the following information about each child / sibling group you wish to feature to email@example.com
- Your name, your email, your agency and the first name of the child/children
- Then include a short description, e.g. ‘Ben (3 years) is looking for a single person or couple to adopt him outside of the Greater Manchester area. For enquiries please contact (agency name) on 01256 463 867 or firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Then attach the profile of the child/children to the email and send it
Once received, the profile will then be posted in the family-finding section of the members’ forum, normally within three or four days.