NFS family finding
As a service to our members and subscribing agencies, we make children’s profiles available to approved adopters and foster carers.
- Submitted profiles are made available only to approved adopters and foster carers within our membership, and only when this has been confirmed by their agency.
- The profiles are listed in a section of our website which is password protected and SSL encrypted.
- Interest from prospective adopters and foster carers is expressed directly via the contact details on each submitted profile.
- We do not hold profiles of prospective adopters and foster carers nor do we facilitate family-finding.
‘I’m an LGBT prospective adopter/foster carer member of NFS – how do I access the family-finding service?’
Members can view children’s profiles on application, subject to approval by their social worker.
To apply, please log-in to the members’ area and ensure you have completed the following steps:
- Update the “My journey” section to reflect the fact that you are family finding
- Go to “At a glance” and click the “Family finding” button
- Fill in the details on the form, and click “send” to request confirmation from your social worker
‘I work for an NFS member agency – how do I submit a child’s profile?’
- Please email the following information about each child / sibling group you wish to feature to email@example.com :
Your name, your email, your agency and the first name of the child/children
- Then include a short description e.g. Ben (3 years) is looking for a single person or couple to adopt him outside of the Greater Manchester area. For enquiries please contact (agency name) on 01256 463 867 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Then attach the profile of the child/children to the email and send it
- Once received, the profile will then be posted in the family-finding section of the members’ forum, normally within three or four days, and we’ll confirm to you when this has been done.
- Please note: Agencies are currently unable to view the children’s profiles, nor the profiles of prospective adopters or foster carers. There is no agency log-in or password required for the process above. Only LGBT members who have been confirmed to us by their agency as family-finding are given access to the family-finding service.