In the sections on the left you will find a wide range information for our members, agency practitioners and other interested parties.
The resources are intended to be dynamic and reflect the things our members find useful. Here’s a quick guide to what you can find in each section:.
- New to it all? – The best place to start if you’re lesbian, gay, bi or trans and considering either adopting or fostering. You’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions here.
- New Family Social magazine – Read back copies of our members’ magazine, full of case studies, good practice and the latest news.
- Meet the family! – Hear from LGBT people who’ve taken the plunge themselves and have successfully adopted or fostered. There’s short films, written case studies and documentaries here.
- Agency finder – An interactive map and a regional list of adoption and fostering agencies that actively welcome applications from LGBT potential parents.
- Negotiating the process – Members only; advice on how to handle the different stages of fostering or adoption.
- Help & Support – Contact details for various organisations our LGBT members find helpful.
- Members’ blogs – Whether they’re going through the adoption or fostering process, or chronicling their daily lives, our LGBT members share their experiences in these honest blogs.
- Research/statistics – Does what it says on the tin. There’s a summary of some of the latest research and a comprehensive collection of the most up-to-date adoption and fostering statistics.
- NFS family finding – Adoption agencies that are NFS members can submit children’s profiles to our free family-finding service, available to our approved adopters.
- Practitioner & panel training – A number of practitioners and trainers that have been recommended to NFS by our members.
- Postcards and more! – Free resources you can order to raise awareness of LGBT adoption and fostering.
- Members’ Handbook – Members only; guidance and information for our LGBT members.