We work closely with adoption and foster care agencies across the UK to help with support and service delivery.
While some help is available to all agencies, additional resources are available to those agencies with an annual subscription to NFS.
All agencies (members or not) benefit from NFS as follows:
- Your families can join NFS by paying £5 per month.
- NFS has written guides aimed at social workers, panel members, foster carers, birth parents and children.
- You can access our list of suggested training providers.
- Free packs of our recruitment postcards.
- PDF versions of our regular magazine are available online.
In order to establish credibility with an LGBT audience, agencies can become members of NFS. Our agency members enjoy the following key benefits for just £450 per year:
- All your families – where a parent identifies as lesbian, gay, bi or trans – can join NFS for free. Their membership will remain free for as long as your agency is a member, allowing them to access a unique peer support network of other LGBT adopters/foster carers.
- Only agencies that are members of New Family Social are highlighted on our agency finder. This popular tool is used by LGBT potential adopters and foster carers to choose an agency that will welcome and support their application.
- Want to recruit from a wider pool of potential parents and carers? Your information events – including your LGBT Adoption and Fostering Week events – can be promoted for free on our dedicated recruitment events website.
- NFS is now able to provide a training package for your agency. Train your staff in how to recruit more LGBT parents, provide them with a higher level of service and improve your recruitment and retention.
- Struggling to find a forever family for a child or sibling group? Our adoption agencies can submit an unlimited number of children’s profiles to our family-finding service that is exclusively available to our approved adopter members.
But that’s not all…
- Agency members can also access a 10 per cent discount from our suggested training providers.
- You can submit articles for publication on the NFS website.
- There’s assistance with filling panel vacancies in your area.
- Two copies of our regular magazine delivered to your agency.
- Subscribing agencies can let their LGBT families and families-to-be know with our free flyers and by using our NFS members logo. Right-click and save the image below, or contact us for different formats and resolutions.