New Family Social is the UK network for LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) adoptive and foster families.
Whether you are still deciding how to form your family, are on the way to being a parent, or are busy getting on with family life, you can find others near you in the same situation to share your journey.
As the only UK charity led by LGBT adopters and foster carers we also work with agencies to help with service delivery, and to widen the pool of new parents for the many children who are waiting.
- Can the Mockingbird model of foster care fly in the UK? (The Guardian)
- Children in care 'too often denied mental health treatment' (BBC News)
- LGBT Pride 2016 round-up
- Attachment-aware schools improve outcomes for children in care (Children & Young People Now)
- Foster carers warn cuts threaten children's welfare (BBC News)
- Adoption: Living life to the full (conference)
- 'Why are you stupid enough to volunteer?': an adopter's experience of adopting siblings (Community Care)
- Government want children taken into care to be fast-tracked into permanent adoption (The Independent)